Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm a nervous wreck.

There's no other way to put it.

Tomorrow is my first official day working for Inter-Com English, and it's safe to say I have the first-day jitters...and it's not even my first day yet.

Tomorrow I become an official grammar-school teacher (well...at least a part-time one.) I will have my own classroom, my own class of students, my own material, etc. Scary.

When I'm not teaching the lil' boogers I'll be going from company-to-company (with the rare house-call) teaching English to business-people. Although 90% of my teaching experience is with adults, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about this either. What are their expectations of themselves? What are their expectations of me? Will I be able to hold my own in these classes?

I suppose it's normal to have 1st-day nerves.
But regardless, it doesn't make me feel any better.

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: